Surprisingly: when bankers take over the running of a city… http://inthesetimes.com/article/20112/the-bankers-take-manhattan-new-york-austerity-fear-city
It is said that Trump got huge tax breaks to re-purpose housing for the rich… ($360 million today May 17, 2017 tax break to a then-29-year-old developer named Donald Trump)
This is also said to be the time of John Perry Barlow’s: “A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow
Politically this had been a time when those in New York had to rethink things, and probably saw cyberspace as a place to retreat to.
However the surveillance of the internet was also occurring: https://youtu.be/BI2fX1u6nzQ?t=8m40s “In the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the security agencies secretly collected data from millions of people on-line. One program was called ‘Optic Nerve.’ It took stills from the web-camera conversations of billions of people across the world trying to spot terrorists planning anther attack. The program did not discover a single terrorist. But it did discover something else, a top secret assessment said: “unfortunately there are issues with undesirable images…” It turned out people were posting images of private parts of their bodies, and that web cameras were being used to broadcast pornography (because more then one person could view the webcam streams).
So we have the basics of strong political interest in cyberspace, along with the unrestricted collection of data from people all over the world. Mixed in with this is the idea of creating filter bubbles controlled by machines (algorithms that may include #AI). This is where this discussion starts.
🙈 “Here’s What’s Wrong With Algorithmic Filtering on Twitter” http://fortune.com/2016/02/08/twitter-algorithm/
🙉 “How To Fight The Filter Bubble: New Twitter App… Thing” http://www.strangecompany.org/how-to-fight-the-filter-bubble-new-twitter-app-thing/
🙊 Criticizing movements like Occupy Movement for not moving past the protest event, and not having methods to discuss or organize what happens afterwards. This criticism is similarly aimed at Egypt: https://youtu.be/ErrD6kiCcNg
🙈 “Twitter’s New Timeline Algorithm – The What, Why, & How” https://youtu.be/uDA7BN4TOBE The changes reflects the idea of monetizing things. They can start to charge.
It is quite possible that this charge could be monetary, but it can also be though things like advertising (as already occurs in various degrees).
Another keyword that might be of interest is hyper-normalization, seemingly a shift from old world politics, to a interconnected world. The filter bubbles seem to come from a period after this and is still in development right now.
Filter bubbles obviously have many dimensions, and a history that includes powerful political forces, spy agencies, war, crowd control concepts, information flow concepts, integration to monetary system and profits, and even how we simplify who we are to make things like economic models (which is like making us and the world into a simple comic some say).
1) 💔 If you liked that… then you will love this (a filter bubble in a nutshell: monitors you, machine feeds back your info, you feel safe, and validated).
2) 💔 Filter bubbles (when machine generated, from monitoring—spying on—you) can be used to control crowds, test loyalty & obedience, and to check on what content can be monetized: pay for use content. #politics #NonNeutralNet #ForProfit #corrode_human_rights
3) 💔 IMO: twitter is using filter bubbles in sending you content, and machine-generated arranged content #Danger see Points one and two, The real world challenges everything, does disappoint you, always encourages you to find solutions & good ideas.
4) 💔 Don’t let machines organize you, hand content to you, suggest who you should connect with—because who those machines work for, or what is the project goals of such machines is never going to be clear you—MACHINE GENERATED FILTER BUBBLES ARE HARMFUL TO YOU.
5) 💔 leaderless groups, protests in Egypt, or being a part of the Occupy Movement: We need to talk about things, change can take a long time—the protest should give you something that will remain with U 4 the rest of your life: the chance to share a plan, good ideas, & solutions.
6) 💔 Machine generated filter bubbles (whose purpose you can’t understand) will not help you as a leaderless group, a protester in Egypt, or in the Occupy Movement—further self-education, and people will do that: see point five.
7) 💔 IMO twitter is heading in the direction of machine-generated filter bubbles (and possibly paid for access to information in some form), don’t put your trust in social networks that do that: see point 6.
8) 💔 IMO twitter made all your content available 4 use by business: twitter is part of a machine, if it adds adverts 2 the video U post on twitter, or onto your viral tweet, it can distort the message U send as a musician or protester. Do U really want that? See point 7.
9) 💔 Human generated filter bubbles are fine: it helps us work as groups, & hides those loving baby things that only a mother, or family can love (but we probably all go through it, & know what it is). That photo when we had pimples. But we also need 2 share good ideas & solutions
10) 💗 The Human Generated Filter Bubble: See point 9. machine generated filter bubble: See point 8.
11) 💔 Regardless of if you protest in Egypt, the Occupy Movement, or in a leaderless group, it is not harmful to work in human generated filter bubbles to learn things, find plans, solutions, and good ideas, and to then share them. See point 9.
💗 Filterbubble [song/music]: https://youtu.be/dg4LGT4FOuU #Danger [machine generated]
💗 You may not realize it, but Machine Generated Filter Bubbles is a method of censorship, and a danger to #Free #Speech.
📌 How can you burst your filter bubble? : https://youtu.be/mh1dLvGe06Y You may need to change to a social media that does not use machine generated filter bubbles.
🦒 QWant gives you freedom outside the filter bubble: https://www.qwant.com/ 🙈 🙉 🙊
💔 Filter bubbles obscure who designed them, who they are working for, and what their propose is. A filter bubble can be run by and be designed by an #AI; but it’s still quite possible for a group or an individual to influence the #AI’s behavior and solutions. Don’t loose your freedom of speech, and freedom of association to machine generated filter bubbles.
—End of Page—
Shortened link to article: 🙈 🙉 🙊 Filter Bubbles and 🦒 Freedom of Speech [article]: https://wp.me/P10Tww-4yj