Quote: “I am most interested in achieving my goal of becoming a Mars One Astronaut and being one of the first four chosen to make the trip to Mars and successfully inhabit/settle a colony on Mars. Everything about this Mars mission interests me. EVERYTHING!” from https://community.mars-one.com/profile/f3c05f7f-6dc6-42a8-8528-88377a6c91f5
The Trip to Mars is a one way ticker. Mars One [article]: http://wp.me/p10Tww-2Lu
Darlene Denis Had a Chance To Experience Being a Part of Something That Few of Us Get a Chance to Experience.
Darlene Denis was really willing to go to Mars, even thinking about it can be scary, but being in a position where it may become a very real possibility is a experience few us will ever have. Darlene Denis is a very interesting person, and should you wish to know more about her, the basic details about here are still here.
Darlene Denis’ Team
- Her team will consist of four people (if she is selected), and it will be one of six teams that will spend 7 years in training before launch occurs in 2014. Darlene Denis is currently thinking about how she will live on Mars and is practicing her skills at working in teams.
- See 🚀 Mars One [article]: http://wp.me/p10Tww-2Lu for details about this.
Ms Denis is currently working with her own teams, and teams around the world. Her current tasks include study and discussions about what life might be like on Mars. She is interested in visiting The Venus Project: http://www.thevenusproject.com/ as the use of a resource based economy on Mars is a topic she would like to discuss with her own team and other trainee Mars colonists from around the world. However each astronaut and Mars colonist will be allowed to discuss their view of how life will be on Mars should be like.
It’s possible the Mars colony will declare their independence from Earth in 2050.
- Twitter: @DarleneDenis
- Mars One Trainee astronaut and Mars colonist [Mars One website]: https://community.mars-one.com/profile/f3c05f7f-6dc6-42a8-8528-88377a6c91f5
- Blog [as shown on her twitter account]: http://impossiblemarsorbust.wordpress.com/
- G+ https://plus.google.com/+DarDenis/about
- FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/dar.denis
- Linkedln: http://www.linkedin.com/in/darlenedenis
Ms Denis does tweet about stuff she mentioned in FaceBook (and so makes this information public). Her interests are quite wide, as they must be because she has to think about survival aspects on mars such as power, waste, food production, material science, material collection and manufacture, how people mix and work in a isolated group environment, what will be the future for the Earth and the people as Mars works to become independent in 2050. There are probably a lot more things she will have to consider also, that might have been missed in such a short paragraph.
1) Apparently when the Mars Colonists make a 7 month journey to Mars , they will lose muscle mass. This is not of great concern, since the gravity on Mars is less. However, it seems that you can build muscles up with small weights  or other light exercises, and that could help @DarleneDenis on her trip to Mars, and on the planet itself.
 Mars One Human crew will spend 7 Months in a space craft before arriving at the pre-made Mars habitats (launched earlier, and assembled by robots and/or telemetry—remote control of robots by humans) [ video ]: http://youtu.be/n4tgkyUBkbY (3:00 min)
 Muscle building using light weights: http://www.mcmaster.ca/opr/html/opr/media/main/NewsReleases/Buildingmuscledoesntrequireliftingheavyweightsstudy.htm
Last edited in Apr 2014
Shortened link to article: Darlene Denis Trainee astronaut and Mars colonist [article]: http://wp.me/p10Tww-2Mj
—End of Article—
The Material below this point may, or may not be supported by the article, author, or any of those people or organizations that may be mentioned in the above article.
Any material below this point could be: adverts; endorsements; paid to click sites (some may try to trick you into clicking on them by using misleading graphics and/or words); misleading material; material that is for, or against the above article; or other types of material that is not part of the above article.
In single article view: this article does have an associated “Leave a Reply” and “Enter your comment here…” comment box below this point. You should get used to where this comment box is located before you try to leave a comment for this article.